Castles, Waterways and Off-the-Beaten Path Delights
Town & Country Travel owners, Jane Lee & Larry Winter, spent three weeks immersing themselves in the Best of France with a small of group of friends.
They chartered a barge, enjoyed a hiking & culinary program with Backroads, and sailed the Rhine with AmaWaterways. Their itinerary was unique, diverse and perfect for small group luxury travel:
- *Ultimate Experience* A private barge charter: With your own private captain and crew, the inlet canals are yours to explore the French countryside at your leisure on a luxury barge.
- PRO TIP: BOOK EARLY! With limited inventory these sell out months and even years in advance. Contact us to learn about suppliers that offer private barge charters.
- Explore and indulge off-the-beaten path: You don’t have to be a hard core athlete or fitness enthusiast to enjoy the benefits of active travel. This group explored by foot through Provence’s special pathways, premier accommodations and tucked away gems guided by Backroads. The program had a special focus on culinary delights, which was a nice reward for all that activity!
- PRO TIP: For as few as just eight people in your group, you may be able to make your Backroads group private. Contact us to learn about this or other active travel experiences.
- AmaWaterways river cruise: Where land on both sides of the boat is never far, and the bartender quickly learns “your usual.” River cruising is an up-close and personal way to travel to the heart of the region. On this itinerary with AmaWaterways, the Winters enjoyed hilltop castles and tucked away chateaus along the Rhine. To learn about river cruising and our preferred companies, click here.
Special Stay Hotels on this itinerary from our Signature Hotel Collection
Hotel San Regis Paris
Grand Hotel Les Trois Rois in Basel, Switzerland
READY TO GO?
Town & Country Travel is a boutique travel agency in Thousand Oaks, Ca. We cater to the most discerning travelers. We believe in the power of travel to learn, indulge, connect, recharge and rejuvenate.
Allow us to deliver you exceptional service and insider access on your next vacation. We’d love to hear from you!
For more inspiration visit www.countrytravel.com
Town & Country Travel | email@example.com | (805) 495-9888 | http://www.countrytravel.com
195 E Hillcrest Dr Thousand Oaks, CA 91360