Give your Grad the Gift of Travel
Summer is almost here, and if you have a high school or college senior that means the big Graduation milestone comes with it. Have you considered giving the gift of travel?
We’ve laid out a some options with a few of our favorite operators that we know would take great care of your grad. We believe that safety, service and quality are essential components to a dream vacation no matter who is traveling, but that it is especially important if you are sending a young adult out into the world.
From action & adventure to culinary & cultural, the travel possibilities are endless. We invite you to read on with an open mind and spirit for adventure…
Offer ID 1257427
With two weeks on the clock, you can’t afford to miss a beat. Or miss the European Highlights. The perfect loop from London, it will see you partying in Amsterdam one moment and driving through scenic vineyards the next. Did Contiki mention the French Riviera and Contiki’s private chateau?
- Meals: Daily breakfasts, 7 dinners
- An experienced & professional Tour Manager & Driver team
- Modern, air-conditioned luxury coach, Wi-Fi and charging points, ferry to cross the azure Ionian and Aegean Seas
- Sightseeing tours per itinerary
- Local taxes & service charges
Offer ID 1127812
These ten days are a brief but full introduction to the very best natural wonders and local culture Peru has on offer. Get in touch with the Andean past in the former Inca capital of Cusco, spend two unforgettable nights in our jungle lodge listening to the wildlife orchestra all around you, and hike the Inca Trail (or catch the scenic train) to the once-in-a-lifetime destination of Machu Picchu. Be assured you’re travelling with the region’s leading experts.
- Hotels (4 nights), G Lodge Amazon (2 nights), Inca Trail camping or Cusco-stay hotel (3 nights)
- Meals: 9 Breakfasts, 6 Lunches, 5 Dinners (Allow USD170-225 for meals not included)
- Transportation: Private van, plane, train, boat, canoe
- Staff & Experts: Chief Experience Officer (CEO) throughout, specialist Inca Trail CEO on hike, local guides
- Arrival transfer
- Sacred Valley tour
- Choice of four-day Inca Trail hike with local guide, cook, and porters or Cusco stay with scenic train
- Guided tour of Machu Picchu
- Internal flights
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
- National Geographic Journeys Exclusives: Traditional Andean Experience, Urubamba
- National Geographic Journeys Exclusives: Cusco Planetarium, Cusco
- G Adventures for Good: Parwa Community Restaurant the Sacred Valley, Lamay
- Three-day excursion to the G Adventures exclusive rainforest lodge (two nights)
Offer ID 1209618
Welcome to a celebration of Southern Africa’s natural world… specifically the national parks of Botswana and Zambia, which together are amongst the largest concentrations of unspoiled wilderness and wildlife left on the planet… One of Tauck’s most compelling trips in Botswana and South Africa tours some of the continent’s most spectacular wildlife reserves. Start with a two-night stay in Livingstone, Zambia – where you’ll embark on a “Rhino Walking Safari,” visit remarkable Victoria Falls, and begin a safari adventure that takes you through the awe-inspiring national parks of Zambia and Botswana, home to some of the largest concentrations of big game on the planet, including Mosi-oa-Tunya, the Okavango Delta, and the Makgadikgadi Pans on the edge of the Kalahari Desert. Your journey concludes with three nights in Cape Town, South Africa, at the continent’s southernmost tip – a dazzling metropolis of exotic urban life, art, history, and culture. The landscapes you’ll visit (from rainforests and marshlands to savannahs, salt plains and desert) are as diverse and fascinating as the wild creatures that inhabit them, and the variety of means you have to meet them: including safari vehicle, motorboat, 1920s vintage steam train and on foot, in the company of a Bushman guide and tracker. Stay in luxury tented camps and five-star luxury hotels, enjoy sundowners under a blazing African sunset, dine at private homes, in elegant hotels and under the stars in the bushveld… this is the Africa you’ve been looking for.
- Accommodations including two nights in a traditional, authentic safari camp in deluxe tents on the Makgadikgadi Pans
- 29 meals (11 breakfasts, 8 lunches, 10 dinners)
- Intimate safari groups limited to just 20 Tauck guests; 6-passenger, safari vehicles with window seats for everyone on game drives led by expert safari guides!
- On-tour film vignettes custom-made for Tauck by BBC Earth natural history experts
- Field equipment may include FLIR thermal imaging cameras and night vision goggles
- A welcome dinner rail journey through Mosi-oa-Tunya National Park aboard a vintage 1920s steam train, in elegantly restored Pullman lounge and dining cars, gourmet dinner included
- Visit to a village of San Bushmen in Botswana for a close-up look at their life and culture
- Visit to a rhino sanctuary to see rhinos in their natural habitats
- Visit to a Meerkat colony in the Makgadikgadi Pans
- A traditional braai (barbecue) dinner with drinks and good company at a private home in Cape Town
- Gratuities to local guides, service charges, admissions fees, taxes and porterage
Offer ID 1219641
Until recently, few U.S. citizens have been able to experience Cuba travel. But under a license granted by the U.S. Treasury Department’s Office of Foreign Assets Control, Tauck has been providing People-to-People educational exchange travel to Cuba since 2012. Meet face-to-face with local residents from different professions, share thoughts, gain knowledge, and connect with Cuba’s cultural heritage on this 7-day, Havana-based Cuba: Connecting with People and Culture. Around key themes of Cuban culture and the arts, history, architecture, entrepreneurism, agriculture, baseball and more, travelers interact directly with the people of Cuba. Meet Cuban students, teachers, architects, artisans, dancers, musicians, coaches and ballplayers… learn about Ernest Hemingway’s Cuba… discuss art and private enterprise at the studios of community artists… visit with agricultural workers to talk about agrarian reform and organic farming… interact with members of community and charitable organizations about their work… learn about Cuban cultural traditions… have meals at paladares (small, privately operated Cuban restaurants)… and connect with Cuba and Cubans on Tauck’s cultural exchange.
- All hotel accommodations – 1 night in Miami at the Hyatt Regency Coral Gables and 5 nights in Havana at the Meli Habana
- All meals in Cuba – 17 (6 breakfasts, 5 lunches, 6 dinners), including authentic Cuban cuisine at local restaurants and private paladares throughout your trip
- Charter flights between Miami and Havana
- Tauck’s “Leave Your Worries at Home” service, with all day-to-day travel details taken care of for you
- Escorted travel from the moment your People-to-People trip begins in Miami, accompanied by a professional Tauck Director and experienced local Cuban guides, all fluent in both English & Spanish
- Five days of “People-to-People” educational exchange in Havana, Finca Vigia, Viñales and Pinar del Rio
- Discussions with representatives from Cuban community and arts organizations, educational institutions and museums, community art projects, architectural preservation organizations, tobacco and cigar production facilities, baseball organizations and more
- Exclusive Tauck Experiences fostering meaningful cultural connections with Cuban families, artists, musicians, students, educators, agricultural workers, artisans, entrepreneurs, community leaders, baseball coaches and players and others
- All ground transportation
- All gratuities to Tauck Director, local guides and drivers, hotel and restaurant staff; all taxes, admission fees, porterage and departure tax
Please contact us for the best prices for your preferred travel dates.
Contact Town & Country at (805) 495-9888 to book your grad’s trip to these or any destination of choice, or submit your inquiry below for more information. For more inspiration and information about how we work, visit our website at http://www.countrytravel.com.