Why Should I Work with a Travel Agent or Vacation Planner?
Hire a vacation planner when you simply want the trip done right!
We hear it often: “travel agents are still around?” Naturally we have to chuckle at that because the truth is that our business is better and stronger than ever. Sure technology has had an impact on the way consumers do just about everything, but the agencies who have embraced it have had the ripe opportunity to be better because of it.
We are able to more efficiently manage our clients with everything from communication to destination intelligence. And when our clients enthusiastically share they have done research on their own, we see it as an opportunity to showcase our knowledge and expertise. Whether validating their finds, or thoughtfully reminding them to not believe everything they read online, we work together to build a dream itinerary.
Beyond dispelling internet rumors, the real meat of why you need to hire a professional travel agent or vacation planner is laid out for you below:
- Quality: At Town & Country Travel we are members of the Signature Travel Network. The network consists of the world’s most dreamy hotels, cruises and tour operators that have been intensely vetted so you know you’re getting quality in any product we recommend.
- Upgrades, amenities and perks: Whether for a cruise, tour or custom vacation, a travel agent will help you find the best value that is an ideal fit for your dream vacation. Shipboard credits, an assured room with a view, upgrades when available, early check-in, late check-out, hotel/resort credits, spa credits, access to exclusive tickets or private openings. These are just a few examples of the perks that you might enjoy when booking with a professional.
- Itineraries that sing: A professional travel planner doesn’t just put something together and call it a vacation. Itineraries should be smart and carefully weave the full experience together – something like a symphony. The “opening act” should be solid, and with everything from the accommodation reservations to activity and dining recommendations, the itinerary should build up to a “crescendo.” When all goes according to plan, the final result is a client that comes home with vacation bliss.* (*barring acts of mother nature and when all goes according to plan!)
- Expertise: You simply can’t top the assistance from a professional. After all, planning travel is what we do for a living! You don’t really want to spend all of your free time making “trust falls” with your trip based on what you’re reading in forums, or what your friend thinks you should do, do you? Our vacation planners are world travelers who have been there, done that, and if they don’t have personal experience with a destination, they have a breadth of qualified resources.
- What is your time worth?: It is easy to go deep down a path of clicking away in the name of research. By the time you calculate all of the hours you have spent seeking and toiling over options, you could have vacationed around the world in 80 days! Why not go directly to the source of reliable and prudently honed information?
- Safety: Simply put: for many destinations, such as Africa, India and Southeast Asia, you really do not want to go at it alone. As much for personal safety as in terms of ensuring all of your official documentation is handled correctly, it is wise to hire a professional to guide you through the process. Plus, a travel agent will build an itinerary (with your input) that will feature the very best, and most authentic experience, a region has to offer.